- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Relativity is partnering with Atlas Entertainment for “Rubicon,” a revenge thriller from Ric Roman Waugh and Michael A. Lerner. Waugh will also direct.
Plot details are being kept submerged, but the thriller is female-driven and set in Mexico.
Relativity’s Ryan Kavanaugh is producing with Atlas’ Chuck Roven. Tucker Tooley will exec produce.
The project is being funneled through the duo’s three-year, six-picture financing deal.
Waugh, repped by ICM and Management 360, wrote and directed “Felon,” a thriller starring Val Kilmer and Stephen Dorff that Relativity produced and Sony distributed. Waugh spent a decade and a half in stunts, working on movies including “The Blob,” “They Live,” and “Gone in Sixty Seconds,” before jumping into writing and directing.
Lerner, repped by ICM and Anonymous Content, is a former war correspondent for Newsweek and other publications. He has an untitled project based on champion boat racer Don Aronow set up at Fox 2000 with Tony Scott attached to direct.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day