- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tracking good and bad weeks in the entertainment business.
UP: John Lasseter
Four years after the Pixar maestro took over Disney’s in-house ani unit, he has his first breakout hit with the $69 million opening for Tangled. It might even make back its reported $260 million budget.
UP: Dr. Laura Schlessinger
Many considered her unemployable after the “N-word” scandal, but now she can offend anyone she wants on Sirius XM Radio.
UP: Colin Firth
A good week in the Oscar race for the actor, whose The King’s Speech bowed to strong reviews and an $87,000 per-screen average in four theaters, highest of any movie released this year.
DOWN: Dwayne Johnson
The soft $12 million opening for his return to the action genre with Faster suggests that his fans may not have stuck with him through those silly comedies.
UP: Netflix — $198.92 (+5.6%)
New chatter that the company, now valued at more than $10 billion, is a takeover target.
DOWN: Time Warner — $29.90 (-2.3%)
The Harry Potter movie franchise should hit $7.5 billion in ticket sales by summer. But what will replace it?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day