- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Richard Baker, former marketing executive at Glen Basner’s FilmNation, has joined global agency Silk Factory as its new president of U.S. operations, Silk Factory announced Friday.
At FilmNation, British-born Baker was behind the international campaigns for such films as Arrival, The King’s Speech, Magic Mike and The Big Sick. Before joining FilmNation, he served as VP of international marketing at The Weinstein Company and was head of marketing at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
Silk Factory, founded by John Piedot and Andrew Snook, is a leading creative content and marketing agency based in London. It handled recent campaigns for Parasite, John Wick 3, and Horizon Line in the U.K.
“I’m genuinely excited to bring my 15 years of client-side experience and help deliver Silk Factory’s ‘special sauce to the U.S.,” Baker said in a statement. “Right out of the gate, we’ll be crafting campaigns for clients across Theatrical, Streaming, VOD and Broadcast platforms.”
Former boss Basner called Baker the “best in class at what he does…he’ll lead Silk Factory to great heights.”
Baker will present an online session entitled “Marketing for Producers and Filmmakers” at the virtual American Film Market next week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day