- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG — Long-time United International Pictures executive Kurt Rieder has joined exhibition industry consultancy Artisan Gateway.
He starts as managing director of the Shanghai-based boutique founded by Rance Pow and will remain based in Singapore, where he was UIP’s senior vice president for Asia.
Han Seng Lim, UIP’s regional manager, will take over supervision of the Asian region. The company, previously a joint venture between United Pictures and Paramount was largely dismantled in other parts of the world but remains in place in several of the region’s smaller territories.
Rieder, who was named CineAsia’s Distributor of the Year in 2006, began his career at Warner Bros in Los Angeles before moving to Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia with the company. He joined Village Roadshow in 1998 and managed joint ventures in Argentina, Thailand and Singapore before joining UIP in 2003.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day