- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sasha Alexander has been tapped to star opposite Angie Harmon in TNT’s pilot “Rizzoli.”
Bruce McGill, Jordan Bridges and Lee Thompson Young are set to co-star in the drama based on Tess Gerritsen’s popular Jane Rizzoli mystery novels.
Written by Janet Tamaro, “Rizzoli” revolves around the crime-solving team of Boston police detective Rizzoli (Harmon) and medical examiner Maura Isles (Alexander).
Veteran actor McGill will play the gruff but lovable Detective Vince Korsak, Jane’s former partner who is a bit hurt that she had taken the likable but green Barry Frost (Young), as her new partner.
Bridges (“Bionic Woman”) will play Franke Rizzoli Jr., Jane’s younger brother, a Boston patrol officer who worships her and hopes to make detective someday.
“NCIS” alumna Alexander recently appeared on TNT’s cop drama “Dark Blue.”
McGill, onscreen in “Law Abiding Citizen,” is repped by Stone Manners.
Bridges, who recently was cast in the feature “Five Hours South,” is repped by Fortitude.
Young has recurred on ABC’s “FlashForward” and “Scrubs.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day