- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert J. Dowling — former editor-in-chief and publisher of The Hollywood Reporter and president of the Bob Dowling Group — is teaming with event management company Unicomm to launch a new professional event called the 3-D Entertainment Summit.
Focused entirely on 3-D film, video gaming and home entertainment markets, the summit is designed to address the long- and short-term business strategies affecting the emerging marketplace.
DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg is scheduled to deliver the opening remarks at the debut event slated for Dec. 1-2 at the Beverly Hilton.
Plans call for a three-track conference program that would feature more than 20 sessions and 50 speakers. Breakout forums would cover strategic business issues in technology, content production/postproduction and playback and distribution.
Planned topics include consumer demand, production hurdles, gaming and impact from Wall Street.
A showcase area will allow technology and service vendors to meet with industry stakeholders to discuss business issues, demonstrate products and build partnerships.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day