- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Goyer is in final negotiations to direct an untitled supernatural thriller for Rogue Pictures. Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller of Platinum Dunes are producing.
The script, which Goyer also wrote, follows an 18-year-old who realizes she is slowly being possessed and then begins to fight back.
A February start date for a Chicago shoot is being eyed.
Platinum Dunes, with Mandalay Pictures, is developing a reimagining of the Alfred Hitchcock classic “The Birds,” with Martin Campbell attached to direct. The company also is prepping a redo of the cult vampire movie “Near Dark” for Rogue, with Sam Bayer at the helm.
Goyer, repped by CAA and attorney John LaViolette, has etched out a name for himself with the comic book crowd for his work on “Batman Begins” and the “Blade” series. He is attached to direct “X-Men Origins: Magneto” for Marvel and Fox. He most recently directed supernatural thriller “The Invisible.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day