- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — The Rolling Stones will release “Plundered My Soul,” a track never heard before, as a limited edition vinyl single to mark Record Store Day on Saturday which aims to support struggling music retail outlets.
An iTunes digital download version of the track will be available from Friday, according Universal Music Group.
Plundered My Soul was discovered during work on the reissue of “Exile on Main Street,” considered one of the group’s most important albums, due on May 17. The song will be one of 10 bonus tracks on the deluxe edition.
Other never-heard-before tracks featured on the Exile reissue include “Dancing in the Light,” “Following the River” and “Pass The Wine.”
British band Blur is also supporting Record Store Day with its first single for seven years, also as a limited edition vinyl single.
The release is part of a series of seven-inch singles being issued by the band’s label to mark the day, with The Beatles and Lily Allen among EMI’s releases, limited to 1,000 copies each.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day