- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Romola Garai is in negotiations to join the cast of Focus Features’ romantic comedy “One Day” for director Lone Scherfig. Production begins in the summer in London.
“Day” stars Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess as people who meet during their 1988 graduation and proceed to meet one day a year for the next 20 years. In “When Harry Met Sally …” fashion, the story tracks their lives and loves until they realize they were meant for each other.
The British-born Garai will play the woman Sturgess’ character marries then ultimately divorces during those years.
The project is based on a novel by British author David Nicholls, who adapted the screenplay. Nina Jacobson is producing via her Color Force banner with Random House Films.
Garai, repped by UTA and ARG in the U.K., most recently played the title role in the BBC miniseries “Emma.” Other film credits include “Atonement” and “Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day