- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — A scooter-riding Mickey Rourke was arrested Thursday on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Rourke, star of “Sin City” and “Diner,” was arrested at 4:20 a.m. and booked at the Miami-Dade County Jail, said Janelle Hall, a jail spokeswoman. He was being held on $1,000 bond, but was in the process of posting the bond, she said.
A telephone message left at the office of Rourke’s agent wasn’t immediately returned.
A Miami Beach Police report said Rourke made a U-turn with a red light and then swerved several times while on a green scooter. He had a flushed face and bloodshot, watery eyes, his speech was slurred, and he had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath, the report said.
“I’m not drunk, I didn’t even drink that much,” the report quoted Rourke as saying.
Rourke, 51, allegedly failed field-sobriety tests before being taken to headquarters. He also failed an alcohol breath test, police said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day