- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany — Leading European broadcaster RTL Group has bundled all its German businesses under a new label: Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland.
The new division will encompass all of RTL’s German operations, from flagship channels RTL and Vox; news network n-TV; the company’s holdings in channels Super RTL and RTL 2; the digital offerings RTL Crime, Passion and RTL Living and advertising group IP Deutschland, to new media division RTL interactive and technical services operation the Cologne Broadcasting Center.
RTL managing director Anke Shaferkordt, who will head up the new umbrella company, said grouping the German businesses under one corporate roof was part of RTL’s digital strategy to “be present with our strong programming and broadcasting brands on all screens — whether on TV, in the Internet or on mobile devices.”
The rebranding of RTL’s German operations comes ahead of the company’s move next year to new headquarters here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day