- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany — German commercial television group RTL is restructuring its news operation to boost its mobile and online divisions and further integrate news production and delivery across its four main free-to-air channels.
Beginning Sept. 1, Johannes Zull, currently head of RTL’s all-news channel n-tv, will take over from Constantin Lange as managing director of RTL’s online and mobile division RTL interactive. Zull also will head up corporate development operations for the entire RTL Television group.
Hans Demmel, currently head of news at RTL boutique channel Vox, will replace Zull as managing director of n-tv.
Michael Wulf, head of news at RTL Television, is adding oversight of magazine programming at the broadcaster to his remit. He also will head up a new division at RTL that will produce digital content for all channels and platforms in the RTL Television group.
“The appeal of personally tailored content in the entertainment and information fields will continue to be a decisive factor in the success of media offerings,” RTL Television head Anke Schaferkordt said. “We want to give our audience exactly what they want, when and wherever they want it.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day