- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Diane Ruggiero, creator/executive producer of “The Ex List,” has departed the new CBS drama series.
Ruggiero’s decision to quit Friday morning caught CBS and producing studio 20th TV by surprise. In the wake of her departure, “Ex List” executive producer Rick Eid will become the showrunner.
Based on an Israeli format, “Ex List” stars Elizabeth Reaser as a woman who, after learning from a psychic that she already has dated the man she’s supposed to marry, revisits all her past relationships.
There will be no disruption in production on the show, which started filming Episode 7 of its 13-episode order Friday, 20th TV said.
“Ex List” is on track to premiere as scheduled Oct. 3 in the Friday 9 p.m. slot occupied last season by cult favorite “Moonlight.”
“Diane is a gifted writer and developed a wonderful series,” 20th TV and CBS said. “We are sorry that she has decided to leave the show but have tremendous confidence in Rick Eid and his strong team, which includes Segahl Avin, the creator of the original Israeli format, who will continue to be a consultant.” (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day