- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Premiere Radio Networks, which syndicates The Rush Limbaugh Show, is moving the program out of WPHT and possibly into new digs at WKDN, an FM station expected to transition from Christian to news-talk programming, according to the Times.
Meanwhile, The Michael Smerconish Show — hosted by Philly native and political moderate Michael Smerconish — will replace Limbaugh’s show.
The conservative radio provocateur has been under fire of late for his bitter verbal attacks on Georgetown student Sandra Fluke, resulting in an advertiser exodus and the loss of two affiliates.
“Premiere recently notified WPHT they will be syndicating Rush Limbaugh on a new station in Philadelphia,” CBS Radio, which owns WPHT owner, said in a statement. “As a result, we are pleased to be able to now showcase Michael, who is a well-known and acclaimed broadcaster in the market, in this new time period.”
WPHT is a larger station than WKDN, with a 50,000-watt signal to the former’s 38,000. But Premiere has demonstrated interest in moving stations over to FM versus AM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day