- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robin Russell has left Sony Pictures Home Entertainment to become senior executive vp marketing and distribution at Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group.
Russell will report to Jeff Blake, chairman of Columbia worldwide marketing and distribution and vice chairman at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Russell’s duties will include business affairs, operations and strategic planning for the divisions.
“As our business continues to evolve, having someone with Robin’s broad industry and operational experience is integral to our success,” Blake said.
Russell rejoins the motion picture group after 10 years as senior executive vp at Sony’s home entertainment division.
She joined SPE in 1993 as vp corporate business affairs. Before that she served as partner and CEO of business affairs and administration at InterTalent.
Russell was a senior attorney for Paramount Pictures and moved to Disney as senior vp business and legal affairs with Michael Eisner and Jeffrey Katzenberg.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day