- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Captain America: Civil War toppled the champion of the two previous frames, the local movie Ekipazh (Crew), to climb to the top of Russia’s box office over the weekend. The Disney and Marvel superhero pic grossed $9.1 million in its debut.
Local blockbuster Crew, a remake of Alexander Mitta’s 1979 movie of the same title, fell to second place. The plane crash pic took in $1.9 million in its third outing for a cume of $19 million and is currently the year’s fourth highest-grossing film to date behind Zootopia, Deadpool and The Jungle Book.
Another local title, Volki i ovtsy: bezumnoye prevrashcheniye (Wolves and Sheep: a Crazy Transition), stayed at No. 3. The animated family comedy grossed $351,000 in its second frame for a cume of $1.9 million and remains a disappointment for the producers as it took in noticeably less than animated features normally do in Russia.
Disney’s Jungle Book fell to fourth place. Jon Favreau’s rendition of the Rudyard Kipling classic collected $280,000 in its fifth outing for a cume of $19.9 million.
Garry Marshall’s star-studded comedy Mother’s Day slipped to No. 5, adding another $163,000 for a cume of $944,000.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day