- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s survival thriller grossed $2.76 million (222.4 million rubles) in its second weekend in theaters, according to data from research company Movie Research. The movie has grossed $10.5 million (846.7 million rubles) to date.
The Hateful Eight opened in the second place, grossing $1.76 million (141.6 million rubles). Quentin Tarantino’s Western is likely to be the director’s lowest-grossing movie in Russia in dollar terms since 2007’s Death Proof. A recent drop in the value of the Russian currency has had an impact here.
Walt Becker’s Chipmunks family animation film was third in its opening frame. It took in $1.71 million (137.2 billion rubles) this weekend.
The only local movie in the top five was Samy luchshi den (The Best Day Ever), produced by Timur Bekmambetov’s company Bazelevs and directed by Zhora Kryzhovnikov.
The karaoke-themed comedy added $326,600 (26.3 million rubles) to its take in its third week in theaters, and its total gross is $8.7 million (701.6 million rubles).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day