- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SAG and the Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers engaged in their third consecutive day of contract talks Thursday. Negotiators from both parties convened at about 1 p.m. PST and were talking late into the evening.
After several months apart and a series of bruising internal conflicts at SAG, the guild and the AMPTP renewed bargaining over a new TV/theatrical contract during scheduled sessions Tuesday and Wednesday. Talks proved productive enough after a late-night session Wednesday for the sides to append a day of discussions.
SAG is hustling to reach a tentative deal before negotiations for a new broadcast commercials contract with the advertising industry begin Monday in New York. Those bargaining sessions will be handled jointly with AFTRA and would prevent discussions with the AMPTP on the TV/theatrical deal from resuming until next month.
New interim national executive director David White has scheduled a SAG national board meeting for Saturday, and board members from both coasts are expected to attend. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day