- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dennis Sands will receive the Cinema Audio Society’s highest accolade, the CAS Career Achievement Award.
His career as a music scoring mixer and a sound rerecording mixer encompasses nearly 200 films, hundreds of episodic TV shows and numerous albums.
Sands earned Academy Award nominations for “The Polar Express,” “Cast Away,” “Contact” and “Forrest Gump.” He won a CAS Award for sound mixing for “Forrest Gump” and earned additional nominations for “Cast Away” and “Contact.” As well, his work on “American Beauty” and “South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut” earned Motion Picture Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards, and his sound mixing for “Steve & Eydie Celebrate Irving Berlin” won him an Emmy.
The award will be presented Feb. 16 at the 44th CAS Awards at the Millennium Biltmore in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Film and TV Tax Credits
Visual Effects Society