- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Screenlife, the DVD board game company that makes Scene It?, will close its business operations, the company announced Wednesday.
The company, which has been owned by Paramount Pictures since 2008, has about 40 employees. It has operated independently of the studio.
“Unfortunately, the board game market is not where it used to be and continues to weaken,” said Frederick Huntsberry, Paramount’s chief operating officer, in a statement. “Given these tough economic circumstances, the only remaining choice was to bring Screenlife’s operations to a close.”
Scene It?, a DVD board game that focuses on film, television and pop culture trivia, is also available on various digital platforms, including game consoles such as the Xbox 360 and mobile devices like the iPhone. Special editions of Scene It? include those for television shows such as Friends and Seinfeld.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day