- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — London-based media intelligence firm Screen Digest has agreed to acquire Adams Media Research, a Carmel, Calif.-based home entertainment market intelligence provider.
The companies Thursday didn’t disclose terms of the deal beyond saying the acquisition is for an undisclosed amount of cash and Screen Digest stock.
“This is a hugely significant deal for both companies at a crucial time in the sector,” Screen Digest managing director Allan Hardy said. “Media players across the world are experiencing changes of seismic proportions, and we now offer more expertise, more data and broader geographic coverage to assist them in running their businesses better than anyone else.”
AMR was established in 1993 by president Tom Adams, who will continue as its president and join the board of Screen Digest.
The two firms have had a working relationship for several years. They said Thursday that the combined company will develop several new research services, the first one being Global Media Intelligence, a new online service for media-focused institutional investors that tracks more than 300 companies in 50 countries.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day