- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Screen Gems has promoted Marc Weinstock to president of marketing.
Weinstock has been at Sony since 2000, working as a senior vp marketing at TriStar Pictures, where he developed campaigns for “Silent Hill” and “Premonition,” among others. He held a similar position at Screen Gems and was upped to executive vp marketing in January 2006.
His Screen Gems experience includes working on campaigns for “The Exorcism of Emily Rose,” “You Got Served, “Snatch,” the “Underworld” series and the “Resident Evil” trilogy.
“Marc is one of the best, brightest and most creative marketing executives in the industry today,” said Jeff Blake, chairman of worldwide marketing and distribution at Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group and vice chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
“Filmmakers and talent trust and rely on his instinct and ability to deliver innovative materials to support our motion pictures, and I am thrilled that he will continue to run this department for many years to come.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day