- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stuntwoman-turned-actress Zoe Bell, who played herself in Quentin Tarantino’s “Death Proof,” has signed on to star in an untitled action adventure from Marco Weber’s Senator Entertainment.
Bell will play a U.S. soldier adrift after returning home from a tour of duty in Iraq who decides to help a young girl in trouble. The project is based on an original idea from Weber, who also will produce, and screenwriter Sarah Thorpe (“Twisted”).
“This film is a big challenge for me, especially the American accent, which I have to work on,” New Zealand native Bell said in an interview. “But one thing is certain: I will be doing all my own stunts on the film.”
Weber, whose Senator Entertainment recently completed production on the Julia Roberts starrer “Fireflies in the Garden,” cast Bell after seeing her in “Death Proof.” Senator’s Berlin-based distribution arm picked up the film for release in Germany.
“When I saw Zoe in ‘Death Proof,’ I was immediately drawn to her ability and acting talent,” Weber said. “Her background and likability made her a perfect choice for our lead.”
Screenwriter Thorpe recently sold her screenplay “Bounty Hunter” to Original Films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day