- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedy veteran Zach Galifianakis will play Ashton Kutcher’s best friend (and Cameron Diaz’s nemesis) in “What Happens in Vegas …” and also has been cast as a scientist overseeing an animal commando program in “G-Force.”
In Tom Vaughan’s “Vegas,” for Fox, the actor plays Dave the Bear, an anti-marriage guy who wigs out after his best bud, Jack (Kutcher), marries Joy (Diaz) during a wild, drunken night in Sin City.
In Hoyt Yeatman’s “G-Force,” for Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Prods., he stars as the lead government scientist in charge of a guinea pig commando program, helping send the highly trained elite agents on a dangerous mission.
Galifianakis recently starred in Sean Penn’s “Into the Wild,” but he is known for his stand-up comedy performances and as host of the 2002 VH1 talk show “Late World With Zach.” He has made numerous appearances on other late-night comedy shows, in films like “Heartbreakers” and in the Fiona Apple’s music video “Not About Love.” She sang on his 2006 rap single “Come Over and Get It (Up in ‘Dem Guts).”
Galifianakis is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day