- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Warners Bros. has plunked down $750,000 against $1.5 million for “The Karma Coalition,” a spec by rocker-by-day/scribe-by-night Shawn Christensen. Warners-based Lin Pictures is producing.
Christensen, repped by Endeavor and Caliber Media, is well known in indie-rock circles as the lead singer of the band Stellastarr, which has toured with such bands as the Killers and Jane’s Addiction.
Dan Lin, who is working on “Sherlock Holmes” and “Terminator Salvation,” is producing at Lin Pictures. Stephen Gilchrist from Lin Pictures brought the project into the studio and will serve as co-producer.
The story centers on a professor who engages in a game of cat and mouse with a corrupt detective after he’s told his dead wife of five years might still be alive. He uncovers the existence of a secret organization responsible for faking her death but suffers the consequences of that knowledge.
Matt Reilly and Niija Kuykendall are overseeing for the studio.
Christensen, along with his frequent writing partner Jason Dolan, also wrote “Sidney Hall” for producers Ridley and Tony Scott. Joe Russo is attached to direct, with Jim Sturgess attached to star.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day