- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“The Kill Point” director Steve Shill is set to direct NBC’s two-hour backdoor pilot “Knight Rider,” a “Transformers”-inspired redo of the 1980s series starring David Hasselhoff.
Doug Liman, who is executive producing the project, had been eyed to direct it subject to availability. His feature schedule prevented him from helming the pilot, which is expected to air as a two-hour movie on NBC later this season.
Dave Andron penned the pilot script and will serve as supervising producer on “Rider.” Liman and Dave Bartis are executive producing for Universal Media Studios and Dutch Oven Prods.
Shill most recently directed and co-executive produced Spike TV’s well-received limited series “Kill Point.”
He also served as director/executive producer on the Showtime drama “The Tudors,” executive produced by NBC programming chief Ben Silverman and his top lieutenant Teri Weinberg.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day