- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ellis Jacob, president and CEO of Cineplex Entertainment, Canada’s largest exhibitor, will be honored with the Sho-Wester of the Year Award at ShoWest.
Before the 2005 acquisition of Famous Players and the creation of Cineplex Entertainment, Jacob was president and CEO of Cineplex Galaxy. In 1999, he co-founded Galaxy Entertainment. Before that, Jacob represented Alliance Atlantis Communications as a consultant from 1998-99 and from 1987-98 held positions within Cineplex Odeon culminating in the role of COO.
Jacob also is a director of Cineplex Galaxy Income Fund as well as a member of the board of directors and chair of the audit committee of the Toronto International Film Festival. He also is a director of the Motion Picture Theatre Associations of Canada and the National Association of Theatre Owners.
“Ellis exemplifies the spirit of a ShoWester with his entrepreneurial spirit and tenacity in orchestrating the acquisition of Famous Players to form Cineplex Entertainment,” said Mitch Neuhauser, co-managing director of the event.
ShoWest, set for March 10-13 at the Bally’s and Paris Las Vegas hotels, is managed by Nielsen Business Media, a division of the Nielsen Co., parent of The Hollywood Reporter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day