- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sienna Miller is in negotiations to star as Maid Marion in the Russell Crowe-toplined “Nottingham,” which Ridley Scott is directing for Universal. Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer is producing.
In the revisionist take on the Robin Hood legend, Crowe stars as the Sheriff of Nottingham in a scenario that sees him as of a more noble lawman than as an evil king’s right-hand man and facing off with a more shadier Robin Hood in the Sherwood Forest.
Marion historically has been the object of Robin’s affection, someone whom he steals from the evil King John. Details of how that is subverted in the current screenplay were not divulged.
Universal picked up “Nottingham” from Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris, creators of Showtime’s “Sleeper Cell.” Brian Helgeland did a rewrite.
Miller, repped by Endeavor, recently wrapped production on Paramount’s “G.I. Joe,” in which she plays the Baroness.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day