- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scott McCloud will be a featured speaker at Siggraph 2007, the 34th International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, it was announced Monday.
McCloud has been writing and drawing comics since 1984. His book “Understanding Comics” was a New York Times notable book for 1994 and is available in 16 languages. His latest book, “Making Comics,” explores the art and craft of telling stories visually.
The focus of McCloud’s presentation will be the fast-changing U.S. comics field, today bolstered by the literary ambitions of the graphic novel movement, a flood of international influences and the growing importance of new technologies.
“Scott brings a fresh and invigorating perspective to Siggraph,” said conference chair Joe Marks, vp software/R&D at Walt Disney Animation Studios. “Story line and creativity play an increasingly important role in print, film, television and gaming.”
Siggraph is set for held Aug. 5-9 at the San Diego Convention Center.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day