- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Disney-ABC, Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox will air more than 50 series on Singapore’s Mio TV IPTV platform in a first-of-its-kind syndication deal with the country’s dominant telecom, SingTel.
The exclusive deal with the year-old platform will see series available as early as 24 hours after their U.S. broadcast, SingTel Singapore CEO Allen Lew said Wednesday at a news conference here.
The day-and-date IPTV on-demand window marks Disney’s first in Asia and the largest package ever signed with a single operator outside the U.S. and Canada, Disney-ABC International Television (Asia Pacific) senior vp and managing director Rob Gilby said.
Financial terms of the agreements were not disclosed.
Series available in September as part of Mio TV’s subscription Season Pass package include “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Brothers & Sisters,” “Without a Trace,” “Lost,” “Ugly Betty,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” “Prison Break,” “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” “Gossip Girl” and “24.”
The exclusive on-demand window will last five to six months.
Subscribers will be able to view all episodes for the length of the season and for about a month afterward, SingTel IPTV and content director Low Ka Ho said. No recording features will be offered.
Pricing has not been disclosed, though insiders indicate subscrip-tion charges will be lower than Apple’s iTunes Music Store. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day