- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Singaporean production company mm2 Entertainment unveiled three forthcoming film projects on Monday, the first day of Hong Kong Filmart.
The projects include Take 2, a heartwarming drama about four ex-cons trying to make good. Executive produced by Jack Neo and directed by Ivan Ho (co-writer of Ah Boys to Men 3: Frogmen), the film will be jointly produced with J Team Productions from a budget of $1 million.
M. Rihan Halim (Banting), meanwhile, will direct horror feature Ibu, the story of an 8-year-old girl who befriends a Pontianak, a vampiric ghost in Malay and Indonesian mythology. The pic will be shot and released in two completely separate language versions for the ethnically diverse Malay and Singaporean audience.
Lastly, Ghost Net will be a Hong Kong horror feature centering on three scary stories related to the Internet, directed by Wong Kwok Fai, Wong Kwok Keung and Patrick Yau. The film has a budget of $1.3 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day