- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British singer Cheryl Cole has filed for divorce from her soccer star husband Ashley Cole, a spokeswoman said Wednesday.
The 26 year old, who rose to fame through the “Girls Aloud” band and as a judge on “The X Factor” talent show, is expected to apply for a “quickie” divorce, the Sun tabloid reported.
A spokeswoman for her PR company confirmed that divorce papers had been filed at the High Court on Tuesday, but declined to go into the reasons behind the split.
Media reports said she had cited the “unreasonable behavior of her husband, after a string of tabloid allegations of his infidelity.
Since their marriage in 2006, the couple have lived in the full glare of the media spotlight, with paparazzi following their every move.
Ashley Cole, 29, began his career as a defender with Arsenal before moving to London rivals Chelsea in 2006. He has played more than 70 games for his country and is in the provisional squad to compete in the World Cup in South Africa this summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day