- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In her first major acting gig, British soul and R&B singer Joss Stone is joining the cast of Showtime’s drama “The Tudors” for its upcoming third season.
Stone will play Anne of Cleves, the fourth wife of Henry VIII (Rhys Meyers).
A daughter of a German nobleman, Anne was betrothed to Henry in a marriage treaty between the Cleves Court and the king’s chancellor after Henry was shown a portrait of her.
Upon Anne’s arrival to England, Henry was disappointed in her looks and soon found a legal way to have the marriage annulled.
According to Showtime, the upcoming season of the racy royal drama will follow the king as he weds third queen Jane Seymour (Anita Briem) and then Anne of Cleves.
Stone, who burst onto the music scene in 2003 and has had three gold albums in the U.S., has been looking to cross over into acting. In 2006, she had a role in the fantasy feature “Eragon.”
Stone, who is working on a new album, is repped by Fortitude and attorney Bob Myman. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day