- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — The Tropfest@Tribeca shorts fest has named actress Rose Byrne, actor-director Griffin Dunne and director Bennett Miller to its jury and also announced its 16 films in competition.
Tribeca Film Festival parent Tribeca Enterprises and Tropfest founder John Polson will present the event in New York. In keeping with Australia’s original Tropfest, aspiring filmmakers were given the annual theme “slice” and asked to deliver a short based around the concept.
Projects include the pizza-themed “Super Slice,” “Slices Only,” “I Graduated, But …” and “Black Tears.” Murder is explored in “Autumn Meadow” and “Lemon and Lime.”
The winning filmmaker will receive a $10,000 cash prize from Target and a trip for two to Australia. The event kicks off Sept. 23 with music by Haunt, Second Dan and DJ Shorty at the World Financial Center Plaza.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day