- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ROME — Giorgio Fabbri’s “Luglio ’80” (July ’80) and Andrea Prandstraller and Marco Pettenello’s “Nudi alla meta” (Nudes in the Middle) are the finalists for the 22nd Solinas Screenwriting prize, officials said Thursday.
The prize will be awarded at the RomaCinemaFest this year, marking the first time the Solinas award has been associated with a major film festival. The award will be presented Oct. 24, three days before the end of the Oct. 18-27 Rome festival.
The prize is presented each year to honor excellence in Italian screenwriting and has in the past been the first to honor some up-and-coming screenwriters who went on to international honors later in their careers.
Founded in 1985, the Solinas Awards — named for the Oscar-nominated Italian screenwriter Franco Solinas, who died in 1982 — have been presented in several locations around Italy during their 22-year history.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day