- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group has named Louise Chater executive vp international strategy and research.
The hire was announced by Josh Greenstein, the film studio’s president of worldwide marketing and distribution. Chater will oversee all international theatrical market research efforts for the studio, helping to shape and manage Sony’s messaging across all labels for all films in territories and markets outside of North America. Chater will collaborate closely with John Restall, who oversees domestic market research.
She’ll report to international marketing chief Michael Horn.
“Louise has an incredible amount of knowledge and experience in the international marketplace. Her strategic global view will be a key asset in helping us customize our campaigns throughout the world,” Greenstein said in a statement.
Chater joins Sony following two years at Clarius Entertainment, where she oversaw the film company’s strategy, acquisitions and slate development. Prior to Clarius, Chater led the Walt Disney Motion Picture global research division, overseeing worldwide research on titles including the fourth installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Cars 2, The Muppets, The Help and The Avengers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day