- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures Entertainment has promoted Randy Lake to president of studio operations, as well as its Imageworks visual effects unit.
The exec oversees operations, strategy and planning for Sony Pictures Imageworks, postproduction services, production services, global mastering and servicing and asset management. He will continue to report jointly to Steve Mosko, chairman, Sony Pictures Television, and Tom Rothman, chairman, Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group. Lake was previously executive vp, studio operations and general manager, Imageworks.
“Randy has one of the sharpest minds in the business and we are thrilled to have him at the helm of our leaner, more efficient, and more effective studio operations and visual effects businesses,” Rothman said Friday in a statement.
Lake joined Sony Pictures in 2006 from Booz Allen, where he served as a strategy consultant to the entertainment, media, and technology industries. He began his career as a securities attorney with Brobeck, Pheleger, Harrison in San Francisco, advising emerging growth technology companies, underwriters and venture investors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day