- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — The business at MIPCOM is not only about selling finished product and not only about supplying content to foreign broadcasters. It’s also about commissioning new shows sometimes for one’s own foreign offshoots.
Sony, which like most of the Hollywood majors, has invested in a number of foreign program channels, unveiled Wednesday a reality format called “Six Degrees of X” for its global AXN action channel.
The show was initially a pilot created by L.A.-based Base Camp Films and has now been commissioned as a series.
“In our continuing efforts to develop original content for Sony’s international networks as well as to fortify Sony Pictures TV Intl.’s already robust catalog, ‘Six Degrees’ is a highly commercial reality series that’s scalable to produce anywhere in the world,” said SPTI exec vp Marie Jacobson.
Plans are also to focus on mobile and online extensions for the show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day