- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Star TV has been the most notable absentee at MIPCOM, with the News Corp. satcaster in the midst of a major restructure that will see the departures of programming boss Ross Crowley and English-language programming head Karen Johnston and the arrival of several new hires.
On Wednesday, Star confirmed Crowley’s departure at month’s end.
Donovan Castillo-Mohlman soon will come aboard as vp programming strategy and development, with other new execs to be announced as the join the company.
The changes are part of the new order under Star CEO Paul Aiello, who officially has taken the reins from previous boss Michelle Guthrie. COO Steve Askew left at the end of March after more than 10 years with the company.
The Hong Kong-based pan-regional network, which operates about 60 channels, didn’t send any program buyers to the market. A spokesman said Star was for the most part aware of what was on sale at MIPCOM and that the company has commitments in place for the new season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day