- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CORRECTED 5:33 p.m. PT Nov. 20, 2007
Ben Cross has joined the crew on the Starship Enterprise.
The British actor has been cast as Spock’s father in the J.J. Abrams-directed “Star Trek” feature for Paramount.
Cross will play the father of Zachary Quinto, who has been cast as the young Spock, and husband to the human Amanda (Winona Ryder). Leonard Nimoy, who originated the role, also will be a part of the film.
The movie, which began filming this month, revolves around the early days of the Enterprise crew.
Cross, best known for his role as the Jewish Olympic athlete Harold Abrahams in 1981’s “Chariots of Fire,” stars opposite Cuba Gooding Jr. in the upcoming “Hero, Wanted.” Other upcoming credits include “War, Inc.,” in which he stars opposite John Cusack, and “Species 4” for Sony.
He is repped by Jeff Goldberg Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day