- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starz has launched its international streaming app in India.
The rollout of Lionsgate Play in India, with the Anna Kendrick drama Love Life and comedy The Goes Wrong Show among its offerings, follows the StarzPlay app launching in the U.K., France, Germany, Mexico and Brazil after the U.S. market.
Starz first launched internationally with its Starzplay premium streaming platform in 2018. The launch of Lionsgate Play in India brings Starz’ global footprint to 55 countries across Europe, Latin America, Canada and Japan.
“India has always been a key market for us. The large and diverse population, increased data usage in urban and rural markets, and adoption of OTT across all demographics created an exciting opportunity for us to launch Lionsgate Play,” Starz president and CEO Jeffrey Hirsch said in a statement.
The Lionsgate Play app will also feature movies like Jennifer Lopez-starring Hustlers, Gerald Butler’s Angel Has Fallen, and the fantasy thriller Hellboy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day