- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
International TV veteran Gene George has been named executive vp worldwide distribution posting at Starz Media, the global entertainment production and distribution company. George will be based at Starz Media’s Burbank headquarters and report to president and COO Kent Rice.
In his new posting, George will oversee sales and distribution functions at Starz Media, including forging partnerships with domestic and international broadcasters and expanding the company’s distribution to new markets worldwide.
He joins Starz from Regent Worldwide, where he was president. At Regent, George organized distribution and licensing operations, developed new markets and negotiated long-term alliances with such international broadcasters as the BBC and British Sky Broadcasting, TF1 and M6 in France, Antena 3 and Telecinco in Spain and Prosieben and RTL/VOX in Germany. He guided multipicture production deals with ABC Family and Sci Fi Channel in the U.S. Previously, George was president of NewStar Worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day