- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anne Stavola has been appointed vp East Coast publicity at Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Stavola will oversee Disney’s reorganized New York publicity office. Under the reorganization, Derek Del Rossi has been promoted to director of East Coast publicity, sharing duties with fellow director Chris Bogusz.
Stavola will report to Jasmine Madatian, senior vp publicity at WDSMP (previously known as Buena Vista Pictures Marketing and Distribution). The pair will develop and implement publicity strategies and campaigns for all Walt Disney Pictures and Touchstone Pictures films.
The exec was vp national publicity at Fox Searchlight from 2005-06. Among her many positions as senior publicist and consultant for the major studios, Stavola worked with Paramount, Universal and Warner Bros. Pictures on several of their big-budget projects. She also was interim department head for Universal’s New York publicity office, where she oversaw campaigns for “Love Actually,” “Peter Pan” and other films.
Stavola worked at Universal from 1984-98, starting as promotions manager for radio and television, followed by a stint as manager of East Coast publicity from 1989-96 and director of publicity from 1996-98.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day