- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Stephen Baldwin filed for bankruptcy in New York on Tuesday, according to a court document that says he is millions in debt.
The actor, 43, filed for Chapter 11 protection, claiming he owes more than $2.3 million and owns a New York property valued at only $1.1 million. His wife, Kennya Baldwin, also is named in the document.
Baldwin, who has appeared in films including “The Usual Suspects” in 1995 as well as more recently in U.S. celebrity and reality television shows — including “I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here!” — owes about $1.2 million on two mortgages on the New York property and more than $1 million in taxes. He also has credit card debt, court papers showed.
A lawyer for Baldwin had no comment.
New York newspaper Newsday reported this month that a homeless man who was allowed to live on Baldwin’s property was arrested on heroin charges and suspected of dealing drugs.
Police told the newspaper that Baldwin, who has described himself as a born-again Christian, was shocked and just trying to do a good deed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day