- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kristen Stewart will star in Summit Entertainment’s “Twilight,” a vampire thriller-romance based on Stephenie Meyer’s best-seller. Catherine Hardwicke is directing from a script by Melissa Rosenberg.
Stewart will play Bella Swan, a 17-year-old who becomes drawn to classmate Edward, who is a vampire. Their unorthodox romance puts her in physical danger when Edward’s nemesis comes to town and sets his sights on Bella.
“Twilight” and its sequels have topped best-seller lists at the New York Times and USA Today and has garnered legions of devoted teenage fans. Summit is looking at the movie as a potential franchise with a Romeo and Juliet-like hook.
Production begins in February.
Karen Rosenfelt and Greg Mooradian are producing along with Mark Morgan via his Maverick Films banner.
Erik Feig, along with Summit senior vp production Geoff Shaevitz and creative executive Gillian Bohrer, will oversee the project for the studio.
Stewart most recently appeared in Sean Penn’s “Into the Wild” and has a trio of movies in the can, including “What Just Happened,” in which she appears alongside Penn and Robert De Niro. She is now shooting “Adventureland” opposite Ryan Reynolds and Jesse Eisenberg for director Greg Mottola.
Stewart is repped by Gersh and lawyer Joel McKuin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day