- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Kim Possible” actress Kirsten Storms will be appearing in Alcoholics Anonymous meetings after pleading no contest Wednesday to a misdemeanor charge of drunken driving.
Storms, 23, was not in court but entered the plea through her attorney to one count of driving with a blood-alcohol level of .08 or more — right at the legal limit for driving in California.
A Superior Court commissioner ordered her to attend a dozen AA meetings and complete a 90-day alcohol program, city attorney’s spokesman Frank Mateljan said. She also must pay $1,643 in fines and penalties and was placed on three years of probation.
“This is standard for first-time offenders,” Mateljan said.
Storms was arrested Sept. 7 in the San Fernando Valley after California Highway Patrol officers said they saw a lighted cigarette tossed from her blue Mercedes-Benz on the Hollywood Freeway.
Officers noticed “the odor of an alcoholic beverage” coming from the car and Storms was arrested after failing sobriety tests, a CHP report said.
Storms voices the snippy cheerleader Bonnie Rockwaller on the Disney animated series. She also plays Maxie Jones on ABC’s “General Hospital” and was Belle Black on NBC’s “Days of Our Lives” from 1999 to 2004.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day