- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In its first major talent signing in the unscripted field under new president Chris Carlisle, Fox21 has inked a first-look deal with veteran reality producer Stuart Krasnow.
Carlisle said he jumped at the opportunity to recruit Krasnow, who for the past eight years was tied to overall deals with NBC and FremantleMedia North America.
“He is such an incredibly talented and prolific producer who has worked with every major TV network and has done every unscripted format,” Carlisle said. “He is a great asset to us and shows everyone that we mean business in that arena.”
Krasnow’s credits include NBC’s game show “The Weakest Link” and competition series “Average Joe” and Oxygen’s docusoap “The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency.”
Krasnow said a lot has changed since he began in the unscripted arena a decade ago.
“There were about eight people who did what I do; now there are 140,” he said. “It’s hard to break through the clutter, but unscripted producers are still thriving as people can’t get enough of those shows.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sirius XM Radio
Warner Bros. Discovery
Film and TV Tax Credits