- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Style Network has greenlighted a docuseries about obesity with the attention-getting title “Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back.”
The series revolves around four extremely overweight teens and one preteen whose parents bring them to Wellspring Academy, a weight-loss boarding school in North Caro¬lina.
The series, produced by Daisybeck Prods. in association with Passion Distribution, is inspired by a documentary that aired on the network last year about an overweight British teen who went to Wellspring.
“ ‘Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back’ captures the epic struggle of a courageous group of obese teens trying to lose weight,” Style Network president Salaam Coleman Smith said. “Their life-changing mental and physical trans¬formation is must-see tele¬vision that puts a real face on the obesity epidemic threatening our young people.”
“Too Fat” will premiere in August.
Weight-issue reality shows are a programming trend among cable networks. Style sister network E! recently picked up “What’s Eating You?” a documentary series about extreme eating dis¬orders, and Oprah Winfrey’s OWN ordered “Inside Rehab,” a series that follows patients at an eating-disorder treatment facility.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day