- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel’s tax authority said Thursday that international supermodel Bar Refaeli and her mother are suspected of tax evasion for allegedly not reporting millions of dollars in income earned abroad and on luxury items.
The authority said that Refaeli didn’t report the free Range Rover and Lexus cars she received from auto companies in exchange for published photos of herself with the vehicles. It also said Refaeli did not pay taxes on a luxury apartment in Tel Aviv, where she lives.
Refaeli and her mother were briefly detained Thursday and then released. They were questioned on Wednesday in what the authority said has been a months-long investigation. The authority said that both Refaeli and her mother have been barred from travelling abroad for six months without permission from authorities.
Refaeli, the former girlfriend of actor Leonardo DiCaprio, models for brands and magazines around the world.
Giora Adereth, a lawyer for Refaeli’s mother, told Israeli Channel 10 TV that “no one here deceived anyone else.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day