- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORRANCE, Calif. — A New York teen was sentenced Friday to 117 days in jail after pleading no contest to stalking Hilary Duff.
A Superior Court judge also ordered 18-year-old Maksim Myaskovskiy to serve five years probation.
Myaskovskiy was arrested in November after police said he made several phone calls from a hotel room to a private security firm employed by the singer-actress.
An investigator with the firm told police Myaskovskiy threatened to harm Duff at an event she was scheduled to attend.
Duff and her family sought a protection order against Myaskovskiy on Oct. 12, alleging he tried to contact her by visiting her neighborhood, the neighborhood of her then-boyfriend — Good Charlotte singer Joel Madden — and her mother’s home.
Duff is best known for starring in the long-running Disney Channel show “Lizzie McGuire.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day